Tuesday, May 30, 2017

What is love?

What is "love"? Why do we desire to be "loved"? Why do we "love"? These are the three things I am wondering about right now. Also why is the heart a symbol of love. Well lets find out!




Definition of love

The word love means "a intense feeling of deep affection" This kinda answers my first question but I am going to keep searching for answers.




What is love (Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, No more.) 

In this website I have found what love is, "Love is a force of nature"  says Deborah Anapol a psychologist If you would like to view more of her definition of love here is the link.




Why do we desire to be loved

" The need to be loved, as Bowlby’s and others’ experiments have shown, could be considered one of our most basic and fundamental needs" says another psychologist Raj Raghunathan. He goes on to tell other facts like: We need love in a form of physical contact, babies that aren't shown enough love can grow up psychologically damaged, and etc. Here is the link.




Why do people love

There are many reasons that people love like: Similarity, Propinquity, and Desirable Characteristics says psychologist Berit Brogaard, . She goes on to tell 8 more reasons why in this website .






My conclusion to all of my questions is: Now I understand why people want to be loved but now I wonder are there diffrent ways that people love each other and How do you love yourself?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Donnie -

    Wow, this is a super cool question! I never really thought about what love really is, and why we want it.

    It's super cool that when you had a question, you researched the answers and posted them on your portfolio.

    Keep wondering!

    Abby L

    ReplyDelete